Google

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Townhome and Business trip destinations, V

Wow, six months have passed since I last wrote. At this rate, I might end up updating my blog once a year...

Anyway, Ikuko and I will move into a new townhome next week. We're closing on 6/22 and need to clear out of our apartment by the end of this month. After we move, my commute time will be reduced to about 10 minutes instead of 25 minutes, but Ikuko will need to commute to Arlington Heights until she can find another job in Elgin area.

Next month, I'll be abroad for three weeks visiting Australia, Korea, India, Singapore, and Malaysia. It will be the longest (and probably most tiring) business trip I'll have taken in 3 years. In order to cut down on expenses, I've booked all flights in Asia at Malaysia Airlines. I'll be taking twelve flights total, three of which are to Kuala Lumpur just to transfer to different flights out of Malaysia.

It will be my first time to Australia and Malaysia. I've been to India and Singapore two years ago, so it will be my second time to these countries. I'm a little worried about summer heat (except in Australia where it will be winter), but hopefully, I'll survive to come back to Chicago weather.

Oh yeah, we signed up for the Japanese SkypeIn number again. From Japan, people can call us at a domestic calling rate, and we can pick up the call on our wireless Skype phone or have the call forwarded to Ikuko's cell phone. So, if you are in Japan and want to give us a call, please dial 050-5539-6988.

Update on places I've been to/will go to since November 2008.

March 2009
Burlingame, California

July 2009
Sydney, Australia
Seoul, Korea
Bangalore, India
Singapore
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home