Google

Monday, March 19, 2007

Moved Out

Ikuko and I moved out from my parents' house on 3/16. Boy, I have lots of junk. We started moving our stuff on 3/11, and it took 4 minivans + 1 sedan full of things to move most of our stuff. We still have some books that still need to be moved.

The apartment is a mess now. I have so many boxes lying around that I need to organize. Since I only have weekends to work on them, I think it will take a few weeks to get everything settled. My next-door neighbor is my college buddy Euntae. Ever since we moved in, we have been eating dinner, going to groceries, and playing games with him. We are sharing his wireless Internet access splitting his bill. It's good to have someone I know close by.

The apartment size is more than adequate for the two of us. Compared to what I had paid in Dallas in 2002, the rent is pretty expensive: $795. We're going to have to save lots of money before we move to a townhouse at least.

We ended up bringing the 50" plasma TV with us. I wanted to leave it at home for my parents, but Dad insisted that I should take it with us. We get free cable for some reason, but we can't get the local Korean channel. I'll have to have my parents record two Korean historical dramas so that I can watch them on weekends. Ikuko wanted to watch Japanese TV, so we got DISH Network installed. We only ordered TV Japan channel, but we even get KBS World channel, Korean channel similar to TV Japan. Picture quality isn't so great, but it's good to have them nonetheless.

Well, the next time you visit Mitsuwa, come visit us as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation!
We have some problem that the cost of the house rent is some cost as my apartment. expensive isn't.
but comfortable house makes us feel relax!!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that sounds so much fun to have a college buddy as a neighbor! i didn't know euntae lived close to mitsuwa.
moving otsukare sama!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home