Google

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mission Complete

I'm employed!!!

Thanks to my friend Jeff's timely referral, I was able to interview at a local company and get an offer for the position of Asian Sales Application Engineer. The job description is as follows:

-----
Sales Application Engineer (ASIA)

The person will be responsible for providing basic sales administration and technical product support (80% email, 20% phone) to customers and sales personnel located in the Pacific Rim. The position will involve working with our Product Engineering group to duplicate and resolve customer-reported product defects and represent customer interests to product development, sales, and marketing teams.

The position requires a minimum of 20% travel (about four, two weeks trips a year) to our Pacific Rim accounts in order to provide training and customer technical demonstration.

A Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering, computer science, or relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Strong troubleshooting skills, proactive problem solving and the ability to self-manage multiple projects are a must. Excellent verbal communication and team skills are necessary and the ability to speak Korean or another Asian language is highly desireable.
-----

I'm really excited about accepting this job offer because it closely resembles my "dream job," which is an engineering job where I can take advantage of my Korean and Japanese language skills. Plus, I will get to go to Asia several times a year on business trips! Just thinking about all the mileage that I will accrue every year makes me smile.

I'm a little bit worried about the technical side of this job because I have almost no background knowledge on video test generators and things like HDMI and DVI. However, Jeff assures me I will be able to get up to speed quickly and make contributions. I guess I will be bugging Jeff and coworkers a lot during the first few months.

Oh yeah, I will start working on Monday, August 14, pending I pass the drug screen that I will take tomorrow. I guess that means I won't be getting high tonight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job being sober!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home