Google

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Miyazaki and Korea

Due to my grandmother's sudden death, I will be going to Korea from 1/31 to 2/5 to attend the funeral. Normally, I would have to take paid holidays off in order to go to Korea, but since this is for a family funeral, I get 7 days of special leave.

I'm in an Internet cafe in Sendai as I type this entry because I'm going to take an overnight bus to Tokyo tonight. Tomorrow morning, I'll be heading to Miyazaki to rendezvous with my mom and uncle who will be coming from Seoul for just three days in order to talk to my girlfriend's parents about our future. Originally, I wasn't planning on going to Miyazaki, but since the timing fit well with my going to Korea, I decided it's best for me to be present when they have the talk.

I will be in Miyazaki only 1 day because I need to get back to Tokyo to get the re-entry permit before I leave Japan. If I don't, I won't be able to come back to Japan without a new visa. So, I will need a place to stay on Monday, and I'm looking over the address book on my cell phone, but there's almost no one that I can ask without hesitancy. It's sad because I have 360 entries.

It's been 2 years since I last visited Korea. Many of my cousins probably have changed a lot. My aunt from Canada and uncle from California will probably come to attend the funeral. It will be a big reunion, but it won't be joyous. This will be my first time attending a funeral. I hope I don't have to attend another any time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home