Google

Monday, January 23, 2006

Kanken and MYC

So, I took the Kanken, Kanji Proficiency Test, Level 7 on 1/18. I studied a lot before the winter vacation but did no study at all while I was in Miyazaki. So, I only had a couple of days to review after I came back from Miyazaki before I had to take it. The review paid off, and I was able to finish the 60-minute test in 30 minutes. The teacher in charge checked my answers, and she told me I missed a few problems but did OK. The next Kanken will be in June, and it will most likely be the last one I will take before going back to America. If I study hard, I should be able to take Level 5 and pass.

I was in Sendai from 1/18 night to 1/21 for the Mid-Year Conference. This once-a-year conference gathers all JETs as well as JTEs in Miyagi for 2 days of workshops. The workshops were somewhat useful, but I thought the lecture given by Ken Schmidt, a professor at Tohoku Fukushi University, about extensive reading and its benefits was the most beneficial part of the conference. It was nice to see fellow JETs from all over Miyagi, but I wish I had hung around with them and had fun more. I've changed my personality a lot since I got into college, but I guess I'm still a shy person after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home