Google

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Golden Week

Golden Week is just around the corner! Golden Week refers to a week in late April/early May with a string of four holidays. Thanks to GW, I will be going to visit Miyazaki from 4/28 to 5/7. It's been almost a month since my wedding, but nothing much has changed since Ikuko and I don't live together. I'm looking forward to our reunion as a married couple.

Visa application process for Ikuko is going smoothly so far. Although there are some documents that still need to be prepared, the interview date at the American Embassy in Tokyo has been set already. We will be going to Tokyo in mid-June to clear our last hurdle in having Ikuko immigrate to America come this August. After the interview, we are going to spend some time at Tokyo Disneyland. She's been grilling me about Tokyo Disneyland for a long time, and it seems like we will finally have a chance to go.

By the way, I will take Kanken Level 5 on 5/26. I'm skipping Level 6 because this will probably be the last time I will take Kanken. Level 5 covers 1006 Chinese characters, and if I pass it, my kanji level will be equivalent to that of a kid entering junior high school.

July 25th is the last day of my JET Program contract. Three more months.

1 Comments:

Blogger starGazer said...

Hi, blib_blab.

I haven't heard anything about my successor yet. I think I will find out by the end of the month. If you haven't been told which town you are assigned to, you will probably be a high school ALT.

If my successor has the initials S.L., I will post here again. Good luck with your JET Program experience!

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home